Berkeley eProtocol IACUC
Note: Beginning Tuesday, January 30, 2018, thirteen new Pre-filled Procedures will be added to eProtocol. This process will take three days to complete, and while the update is in process, the procedures will appear, but will not be completely functional. These new procedures will have the title “Under Construction - Do Not Use” until they are verified and completely functional. All thirteen new Pre-filled Procedures will be available for investigators to use on Thursday, February 2, 2018. See the revised eProtocol Procedures Quick Guide for more detail about how to use Pre-filled Procedures.
OACU/ACUC utilizes the Berkeley eProtocol online application system to submit Animal Use Protocols (AUPs) for review. To access the system, click on the Berkeley eProtocol icon at the bottom of this page and log in with your CalNet ID and passphrase.
Note: Before you start, we suggest you:
- Read the eProtocol FAQs page for important information about eProtocol.
- Consult the eProtocol Quick Guides for information the about getting started, the protocol form and common protocol actions.
- Check the Protocol Submission, Deadlines and Meeting Dates page to plan your submission.
- Contact OACU for assistance at 510-642-8855 or ACUC@berkeley.edu.
Tips for success:
- Use Mozilla Firefox (for PC) or Safari (for Mac) as your web browser
- Make sure your browser’s pop-up blocker is turned off
- Do not use your browser’s back and forward arrows; use eProtocol navigation links instead
- Only one person can edit a protocol at one time
- Sign out when finished and close your browser
Berkeley eProtocol IACUC - Sample Form
In eProtocol, one form is used for new applications to conduct either research or teaching using live vertebrate animals. As a tool to allow investigators to see the questions in the Protocol Information section (the main section of each form) and to work on addressing these questions offline, we have created the sample form below.
This is a sample document only and will NOT be accepted in place of an online submission.
Click on the link below and log in with your CalNet ID. Note: Berkeley eProtocol uses CalNet authentication. Persons not affiliated with UC Berkeley must be entered in the Human Resources Management System and obtain a CalNet ID to access Berkeley eProtocol. Please contact the OACU office at 510-641-8855 for more information.